Professional Industry Career (PIC) Permit
A Professional Industry Career (PIC) Permit is valid for five years. An individual who holds this permit is eligible to teach grade levels 6-12 only in the field(s) of the occupational specialty for which the applicant has met all requirements.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum two years work experience for EACH field of occupational specialty for which the applicant is seeking a PIC. Work experience must be as a wage earner and is in addition to any educational training the applicant may have obtained in his/her field of occupational specialty.
- Verification of Employment Forms (found in the application), for EACH field of occupational specialty in which the applicant is seeking a PIC, must be filled out completely and accurately and submitted as part of the complete application packet.
- Current and valid license(s) in EACH of the applicant’s occupational specialties when one is required by state or federal statutes.
- Plan for Continued Professional Advancement.
A Bachelor’s Degree, or higher degree, in the specific discipline is required for applicants seeking a permit in:
- Family and Consumer Science
- Trade and Technical (formerly Industrial Arts)
- Requires a valid professional license when one is required by state or by federal statutes for the occupational specialty.
- Requires a written “progress report” of the Professional Advancement Plan submitted for the initial permit.